Educational Consulting, LLC
Doris Davis: A Name You Can Trust
Doris Davis is the Founder and President of Doris Davis Educational Consulting, LLC.
During her highly successful career, which spans over 35 years, Doris Davis has worked in various educational settings including two Ivy League universities, two women’s colleges and a public university.
- Doris worked for ten years as the Associate Provost for Admissions and Enrollment at Cornell University (New York) and for eleven years as the Dean of Admissions at Barnard College of Columbia University (New York). In addition, she was an Associate Director of Admissions at Yale University (Connecticut), and an Assistant Director of Admissions at Mills College (California) and at the University of Cincinnati (Ohio).
- Doris' international admissions experiences are extensive. She first travelled internationally in 1976, and has been travelling the globe ever since. She has travelled to Asia every year for the past 25 years, and is deeply knowledgeable about the educational systems and secondary schools in the Pacific Rim. She is known for her expertise, integrity and commitment to excellence. Her international professional activities include: speaking to students, parents and secondary school administrators on college admissions; serving as a consultant to the admissions office at Seoul National University; and participating in the Ameson summer program (in Shanghai and Nanjing) for Chinese students. For over 15 years, she served as a consultant to the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools travelling to sub-Saharan Africa each year to provide information to students on applying for admission to colleges and universities in the United States. On the continent of Africa, she has travelled to Ghana, Senegal, Namibia, Botswana, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zanzibar, South Africa, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Egypt, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Her career includes membership in the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), the College Board, and the International Association for College Admission Counseling. She has served on several NACAC and College Board committees, including the College Board SAT Committee. She served as a faculty member for the NACAC Summer Institute for Secondary School Counselors and the College Board Summer Institute for International Admissions. She also served as a member of the Board of Directors for The Common Application, including serving as President of the Board of Directors.
- She currently serves on the Ameson Foundation Advisory Committee on University Admissions. The Ameson Education and Cultural Exchange Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that is committed to the promotion and implementation of educational exchanges in China and abroad.
- Doris also served on the Board of Directors for I’m First, an online community founded by the Center for Student Opportunity to provide support to and through college for first-generation students.
- Doris received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wellesley College and a Master of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also pursued Ph.D. studies in American History at the University of California at Berkeley.